Rookie Watch: Head of the class
Which rooks have jumped ahead of the pack after the season's first week?
Originally Published: November 8, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
We should never expect a big number of rookies to present themselves as "the real deal" early in an NBA season. The summer league and preseason are history, as are many of their storied pasts from preps to college. NBA coaches, typically, only care about winning today and don't worry about young or fragile egos. So, thus far, we have only four rookies who have proved they can be impact players in real games, and that's it. We can expect to see others step forward as the year evolves, but for now our top 10 is really a top 4 plus six other guys. It will be fun to see who can go from "other guy" status to impact player as winter arrives in full force.
The Top 4
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis #23 Revolution 30 Replica Navy Basketball Jersey