Rookie Watch: Head of the class
Which rooks have jumped ahead of the pack after the season's first week?
Originally Published: November 8, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
We should never expect a big number of rookies to present themselves as "the real deal" early in an NBA season. The summer league and preseason are history, as are many of their storied pasts from preps to college. NBA coaches, typically, only care about winning today and don't worry about young or fragile egos. So, thus far, we have only four rookies who have proved they can be impact players in real games, and that's it. We can expect to see others step forward as the year evolves, but for now our top 10 is really a top 4 plus six other guys. It will be fun to see who can go from "other guy" status to impact player as winter arrives in full force.
The Top 4
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis #23 Game Time Navy T-Shirt