Can Jimmer Fredette make it?
Breaking down the disappointing season of the Kings' popular rookie
Originally Published: March 21, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
- Rocky Widner/NBAE/Getty ImagesWhen Adam Morrison was an NBA rookie, he averaged 14.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists (per 36 minutes), made 37.6 percent of his field goals and hit 33.7 percent of his 3s. His team won 40 percent of its games and went 7-16 in games he started. This season, rookie Jimmer Fredette is averaging 14.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists (per 36 minutes), makes 38.3 percent of his shots and hits 37.4 percent of his 3s. His team is winning 35 percent of its games and has gone 1-5 in games he's started. He has lost most of his rotation minutes to a 5-9 player who was the last pick of the NBA draft.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Sacramento Kings Court Runner
ESPN.COM PARTNER: NBA.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com