Damian Lillard should study ...
Here's a veteran the Blazers' rookie point guard should seek to emulate
Originally Published: April 12, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
- Each season, we pair the top rookies with veterans they should study to help them grow their games. Often, this exercise is mistaken as an effort to suggest how the rookie compares to the veteran. But that is not the point. The way to look at it is like this: Modeling behavior is typically considered one of the top ways to teach. So in each of these pairings, the rookie would be well-served by developing the specific skill or behavior demonstrated by the veteran. (Note: We are focusing on the young rookies, as many members of this class could already be considered veterans.)
Which veterans should the rookies study? To check out David Thorpe's latest analysis on the rookie class, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Bucks' Mayo banned 1 game for hit to throat
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com