Tristan Thompson should study ...
Here's a veteran the Cavs' rookie forward should seek to emulate
Originally Published: April 13, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
This may seem like an odd pairing, but Thompson, for all his elite athleticism, is not good at finishing shots near the rim. Meanwhile, Gasol, slow and steady, is one of the top post scorers in the NBA. Both have long arms, helping them get better shot angles with which to bank the ball in. Thompson, though, seems focused on just getting a shot off, a common problem for young players. Gasol worries only about making the shot, and he won't shoot it until he's ready to make it.
Which veterans should the rookies study? To check out David Thorpe's latest analysis on the rookie class, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Suns pull away as Celts' shooting goes cold
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Spalding Cleveland Cavaliers Team Logo Mini Basketball