Brandon Knight should study ...
Here's a veteran the Pistons' rookie point guard should seek to emulate
Originally Published: April 13, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
There are two kinds of point guards in the NBA, natural ones and ones that had to be taught how to play the position. Despite what you might think, neither has an advantage over the other. Knight is not a natural point guard. He sees the bucket and scoring chances for himself more than anything else, which is only a bad thing if he never learns how to play as a true point guard. Williams, on the other hand, can control the action while sprinkling in his scoring when necessary. And when he needs to be a bucket getter, it's also a very natural thing for him.
Which veterans should the rookies study? To check out David Thorpe's latest analysis on the rookie class, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
- Suns' Tucker suspended 1 game for elbowing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey