Next steps for Sacramento Kings
Having successfully fought off the attempt to relocate the Sacramento Kings to Seattle, Vivek Ranadivé and a prospective new ownership group agreed to purchase a majority stake in the team from the Maloof family on Thursday night, according to sources. With league approval of the sale a formality, now comes the real challenge: turning a Sacramento team that last reached the playoffs in 2006 back into a contender.
That task should feel familiar to Ranadivé, who was previously part of the ownership group that purchased the moribund Golden State Warriors in 2010. Less than three years later, the Warriors made the second round of the 2013 playoffs with an exciting young roster. Here are the next steps as the Kings try to trace that same path.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.