Picking the All-Defensive Team
Updated: April 12, 2013, 1:17 PM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
Getty ImagesMemphis' Marc Gasol and Indiana's Roy Hibbert have anchored the NBA's top two defenses this year.More than any award, with the possible exception of MVP, the All-Defensive Team is really a team award. Both strong individual defenders and a good system are necessary for a quality defense, and the same defender can look far better or far worse depending on players around him. So it's no surprise that six of the 10 players on my All-Defensive first and second teams come from three teams, all of them elite at the defensive end. And it should also be no surprise that the top two contenders among a deep field of Defensive Player of the Year candidates come from the league's top two defenses.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey