Matchups matter in the West
As we saw last week when looking at paths to the Eastern Conference finals, matchups matter in the NBA playoffs -- a lot. So shouldn't the best teams be able to choose their opponents? That's the logic the NBA D-League has applied to its postseason since 2009. The three D-League division champs get their choice of opponents, with the remaining two teams facing each other.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Blatt: LeBron belongs in MVP convo more
- Irving, James boost Cavs to 7th win in row
- Clippers' Barnes fined, blames Suns owner
- Raps reach prebreak milestone with 30th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Bulls Sticking With Warriors
- Derrick Rose and the Bulls stand in the way of 20 straight wins at home for the Warriors.