Would Griner have role in NBA?
Updated: April 5, 2013, 3:45 PM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
My SCHOENE projection system can use performance in leagues as diverse as the NCAA, the D-League and the Euroleague to project how players might fare in the NBA. NCAA women? No such luck, because there's no history of players going back and forth between the men's and women's games. But there are some numbers that can help shed light on whether Baylor star center Brittney Griner might be able to compete with the world's best male basketball players, a discussion that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sparked by musing earlier this week that he would consider taking Griner in the second round of June's draft.
A difference of height
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.