How Lakers can cope without Kobe
With their playoff hopes in the balance, the Los Angeles Lakers face the possibility of playing without Kobe Bryant for the first time this season after their star shooting guard badly sprained his left ankle in the waning seconds of Monday's loss at Atlanta. Bryant called it the worst ankle sprain he has suffered in his 17-year NBA career, and the Lakers announced afterward that Bryant is out "indefinitely."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.