What will Clips do with Bledsoe?
Originally Published: February 20, 2013By Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
Like an NBA version of Forrest Gump, Eric Bledsoe has unwittingly played a key role in this year's battle for the title. How? Follow the bouncing draft pick. Bledsoe was taken with a pick that originally belonged to the defending champion Miami Heat, who traded it to the Oklahoma City Thunder to clear enough cap room to sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh. The Thunder too could have had Bledsoe, but they picked him for the Los Angeles Clippers, who gave them a future first-round pick. As Bledsoe developed into a key contributor in L.A., Oklahoma City used that pick as part of the trade for Kendrick Perkins that vaulted the Thunder into last year's Finals.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' Los Angeles Clippers Primary Logo Red Long Sleeve Shirt