Surprise teams in playoff hunt
What are the chances these six overachievers make the postseason?
Updated: January 7, 2013, 1:01 PM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesGolden state of mind: Steph Curry and the Warriors are eyeing a postseason trip in the crowded West.Entering the season, the consensus of experts had nine teams in each conference as likely to make playoff runs -- Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, Milwaukee, New York and Philadelphia in the East, and Dallas, Denver, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, San Antonio and Utah in the West.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle