Austin Rivers: Worst season ever?
The 10th pick in last June's NBA draft, the rookie has put up subpar numbers
Originally Published: December 26, 2012By Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
Cameron Browne/Getty ImagesAustin Rivers is averaging 7.8 points and 2.7 assists per game.Thanks to the Chris Paul trade, the New Orleans Hornets joined the Portland Trail Blazers as one of two teams with a pair of picks in the lottery of last June's NBA draft. After taking Kentucky forward Anthony Davis No. 1 overall, the Hornets were also able to add another top one-and-done prospect, Duke guard Austin Rivers, with the 10th pick.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt