Welcome to the mild, mild West
Which teams will stumble into the West playoffs? (PER Diem: March 23, 2012)
Updated: March 23, 2012, 1:46 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
Getty ImagesWith West contenders like the Clippers slumping, teams like the Suns still have a shot at the playoffs.Remember when being a playoff team in the West meant something? When a 48-win Golden State team was consigned to the lottery? In 2008 and 2010 you had to win at least 50 games just to get a seat at the table. Last year you needed 55 just to have home-court advantage in the first round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics Basic Black Knit Hat