Making the case against Miami
The climate is good for the Chicago Bulls to win the East
When the NBA season tips off tonight in Miami, my pick to represent the Eastern Conference will be in action. And so will the Heat.
In our staff predictions, I chose the Chicago Bulls to reach the NBA Finals. Really, it was a pick against Miami as much as anything. And since the two-time defending champs open the season as the favorites to claim a third title, I ought to explain why I think the Heat will fall short.
To read more why Kevin Pelton says the Chicago Bulls will win the Eastern Conference, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Chicago Bulls Scrum Charcoal T-Shirt