Indefensible statements defended
There's truth underneath all the LeBron James hyperbole
GREAT PLAYERS inspire great hyperbole. In that respect, LeBron James has already earned himself elite status. But the crazy thing about exaggeration is that there's often a whole lot of truth underneath the heady phrasing. And that's certainly the case when it comes to describing The King. We've never before seen his combination of size, speed and skill, so it's understandable that his unique talents might inspire some truly bold sentiments. These six statements about LeBron James might once have seemed outlandish, but when we look closely at the numbers, they turn out to be something else entirely: proof.
To see more LeBron hyperbole proven, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle