5-on-5: Who's No. 1? Overrated?
ESPN's draft experts weigh in on Wiggins, Randle, Smart
Though the 2013-14 NBA season still has more than month before opening night, teams already have been looking toward the 2014 draft, considering the depth of elite talent that likely will be available.
We asked our panel of NBA and draft experts to weigh in on the 2014 class. Chad Ford, Paul Biancardi, Jeff Goodman, Amin Elhassan and Kevin Pelton all bring various scouting, metric analysis and reporting expertise to the discussion.
1. Who else besides Andrew Wiggins could be the No. 1 overall pick?
Ford: If Wiggins can't live up to the hype, I think there are three players who could easily justify being taken that high. The most obvious choice is Julius Randle. The Kentucky phenom has all of the tools to be an elite NBA big man. Dante Exum and Marcus Smart also could snag the top spot if the team that wins the lottery is in desperate need of a point guard.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Suns pull away as Celts' shooting goes cold
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils Basketball Practice Duke Blue Performance T-Shirt