5-on-5: Who's No. 1? Overrated?
ESPN's draft experts weigh in on Wiggins, Randle, Smart
Though the 2013-14 NBA season still has more than month before opening night, teams already have been looking toward the 2014 draft, considering the depth of elite talent that likely will be available.
We asked our panel of NBA and draft experts to weigh in on the 2014 class. Chad Ford, Paul Biancardi, Jeff Goodman, Amin Elhassan and Kevin Pelton all bring various scouting, metric analysis and reporting expertise to the discussion.
1. Who else besides Andrew Wiggins could be the No. 1 overall pick?
Ford: If Wiggins can't live up to the hype, I think there are three players who could easily justify being taken that high. The most obvious choice is Julius Randle. The Kentucky phenom has all of the tools to be an elite NBA big man. Dante Exum and Marcus Smart also could snag the top spot if the team that wins the lottery is in desperate need of a point guard.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Aldridge's surprise return suits Blazers in win
- Waiters: Not scapegoat for Cavs' early issues
- SVG on Jennings injury: 'Doesn't look good'
- Cuban: Fan vote shows ASG system 'broken'