Nuggets follow Ty Lawson's lead
Who says Denver lacks a superstar? PG exploding in second half -- so is Denver
Despite Denver's recent surge, one criticism continues to echo: The Nuggets don't have a superstar player, a "go-to guy." Indeed, conventional wisdom dictates the necessity for someone like that -- someone willing to take and make the tough shots even when everyone knows that player is going to -- especially in the postseason.
But the Nuggets have three things that have the potential to change that perception: They own the best transition game in basketball; they have the ability to generate shots inside at all times; and they are led by a player who finally started playing like a superstar -- point guard Ty Lawson.
To read more of why David Thorpe says Ty Lawson has evolved into a superstar, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Denver Nuggets Desktop Photo Mint