Picking the All-Star starters
Based on performance, who should represent the East and West in Houston?
Updated: January 17, 2013, 12:04 PM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
Getty ImagesCarmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Kevin Durant obviously deserve to start in Houston. Who else?So much for the big change to the All-Star ballot. In the first year that the NBA moved to a format where fans vote for two guards and three frontcourt players rather than the traditional two guards, two forwards and a center, the adjustment might not have any impact on the starting lineups, which will be announced tonight. In the West, Dwight Howard would get voted in under any format. In the East, the third frontcourt spot looks as though it will go to Kevin Garnett, who has spent most of his time at center this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Gold Gametime T-Shirt