Can Kings become next Thunder?
Whether it be in Sacramento or Seattle, here's how Kings turn things around
Updated: January 10, 2013, 1:55 PM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
USA TODAY Sports, Getty ImagesCan DeMarcus Cousins' Kings follow the path laid out by Kevin Durant and the former SuperSonics?When the Seattle SuperSonics moved to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder five seasons ago, the timing of their ownership group's rebuilding plan was nearly perfect. After a poor start Oklahoma City fans were willing to sit through because of their excitement about adding an NBA team, the Thunder surged into the playoffs during their second season of existence and haven't looked back. Oklahoma City reached the NBA Finals in Year 4 and has an excellent chance of getting back and maybe even claiming the title this time around.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Sacramento Kings Jimmer Fredette #7 Black Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey