Mike D'Antoni fits with Lakers
Innovative offensive mind can blend Bryant with Nash, Howard and Gasol
I had the good fortune to witness this firsthand while working in the Suns' front office during D'Antoni's reign.
D'Antoni used to preach to the players phrases like "shoot it or move it," "the ball finds energy," "the first three steps in transition are the difference" and, of course, "wings run to deep corners." These were all tenets of his coaching philosophy. And it's a philosophy that could turn around the Lakers' season.
To read more of how Mike D'Antoni's system fits with the Los Angeles Lakers, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Los Angeles Lakers Black Court Sign