What's next for Tyreke Evans?
Without a contract extension or position, future uncertain for struggling King
- Rocky Widner/NBAE/Getty ImagesTyreke Evans has fallen a long way since his rookie of the year campaign in 2009-10.
Tyreke Evans came into the NBA with a reputation for being a hard-nosed defender, but he won the league's rookie of the year award in 2009-10 by shining on the offensive end for a Sacramento Kings squad that lost 57 games under Paul Westphal.
The expected defensive impact wasn't there in his first season, but with a scoring average of 20.1 points and a PER of 18.2 at age 20, Evans was in rarified company. The only other players to hit those targets at 20 or younger had been LeBron James (twice), Shaquille O'Neal, Adrian Dantley, Kevin Durant and Elton Brand. (That group has since been joined by Kyrie Irving.)
But three years later, Evans has not developed into a franchise player, is without a clear position and has an uncertain future in Sacramento.
To read more about Tyreke Evans' downfall and uncertain future in Sacramento, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Anthony's 26 pace Knicks in win over Cavs
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Jazz end skid, send 76ers to 16th straight loss
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins #15 Swingman Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index