Five most surprising starts
Varejao, Redick, Mayo among unfamiliar names putting up big numbers
Of course it's early, and anyone who makes season-long proclamations based on one or two weeks of basketball is being reckless. That said, there have been some interesting developments so far; and not just in New York and Los Angeles.
Just as the surprisingly undefeated New York Knicks have started hot as a team, there are individuals who have stunned us with their unusually strong play. Of course, James Harden probably tops the list for many, averaging a league-best 30 points over his first four games. However, here are five other guys you might not have thought of who've been surprisingly great over the first few games of the season.
The question is, how long can they keep up this pace?
To read more of Chris Broussard's five most surprising starts to the season, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin #32 Red Gametime T-Shirt