JaVale McGee's breakout potential
Summer sessions with Olajuwon could help Nuggets center make a leap
- Garrett W. Ellwood/NBAE via Getty ImagesJaVale McGee spent three weeks this offseason working out with Hakeem Olajuwon.
Hakeem Olajuwon isn't easily impressed. Why should he be?
He has battled against legends -- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Shaquille O'Neal, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, Michael Jordan -- and trained legends in the making -- Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwight Howard.
So when Olajuwon, a two-time NBA champion with the Houston Rockets, says someone can play, the rest of us should believe that the guy can play. And when Olajuwon says someone can be dominant, well, we should take those words very seriously, too.
To read Chris Broussard's full article on JaVale McGee, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Denver Nuggets Navy Sheen Tote
ESPN.COM PARTNER: NBA.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index