Contenders Profile: L.A. Clippers
How close are the Clippers to becoming true contenders in the West?
Editor's note: This is the second installment of a 12-part series this summer that will profile six Eastern Conference teams and six Western Conference teams who could knock off the Miami Heat. Today we profile the Los Angeles Clippers.
OverviewLast year's acquisition of Chris Paul was perhaps the single biggest transaction in franchise history and brought with it the kind of hope and optimism rarely found in Clipperland. Paul gave the directionless Clippers a label they had never worn before: contender. The Clippers faithful, whose ranks seemed to grow weekly with Paul on board, were rewarded with a 40-26 season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo doubtful vs. Thunder with back spasms
- LeBron, Cavs get back to .500 with Wiz rout
- Griz hold off Lakers to extend run, go to 13-2
- Wall: Always going to be rivals with Irving, Rose
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- Israel Gutierrez retweeted