How the Heat can win Game 7
Examining five keys for Miami as it seeks to beat Boston
Another mega performance from LeBron James will almost certainly be counted on in Game 7, but nothing is more important for the Miami Heat's success in that game than each player performing a role that contributes to a larger, more effective team performance. From James on down, several specific things will need to be accomplished for the Heat to save their season and advance to the finals.
Here are five tasks Heat players must perform to win Game 7:
1. LeBron James: Go to the hole
Forget getting others involved -- James must be selfish. The rim is his destination. James opened Game 6 by blowing by Paul Pierce at the foul line and hammering a thunderous dunk down the middle. Two buckets later he went coast-to-coast and barreled down the lane for a transition flush. Those easy buckets had a transformative effect on James, as his confidence soared.
To read the full article on the Heat's keys in Game 7, become an ESPN Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.