The year of LeBron
James is the best player since Jordan, as his 2011-12 campaign proves
Not one, not two, not three zero is the number of championships won by LeBron James so far. The East is opening up, but a 2012 title is no forgone conclusion, either.
Despite being able to single-handedly dominate basketball games, James' championship drought leaves his legacy in question.
Still, James is likely to win his third MVP this season, something only the game's greats can lay claim to.* His talents are undeniable. And this year, he's got a very good shot at winning his first ring. But title or not, he's still the best player since Michael Jordan and the numbers clearly show it.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cousins replaces Kobe on West All-Star team
- LeBron (sprained wrist) will play vs. Kings
- Duncan seeks $1M over failed investments
- Kobe 'sore' but eyeing return in September
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Finals
- Brian Windhorst retweeted
- J.A. Adande retweeted
- Dave McMenamin retweeted