A case for Elton Brand as DPOY
The Philadelphia forward should be among the candidates, believe it or not
Let me ask a simple question:
Why isn't Elton Brand a candidate for defensive player of the year?
I know what you're thinking: Wait, Elton Brand? The guy who makes $17 million to average 11 points per game and has limited mobility? That Elton Brand?
Yes, I'm talking about that Elton Brand, and here's why:
He checks off more boxes on the defensive player of the year rubric than just about any big man in the league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
- LeBron has 24 as Heat breeze past Pistons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Red Structured Adjustable Hat