A case for Elton Brand as DPOY
The Philadelphia forward should be among the candidates, believe it or not
Let me ask a simple question:
Why isn't Elton Brand a candidate for defensive player of the year?
I know what you're thinking: Wait, Elton Brand? The guy who makes $17 million to average 11 points per game and has limited mobility? That Elton Brand?
Yes, I'm talking about that Elton Brand, and here's why:
He checks off more boxes on the defensive player of the year rubric than just about any big man in the league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Michael Carter-Williams #1 Home White Replica Jersey