The big zero
This is the year the balanced rosters fight back
ONE MONTH INTO THE SEASON, Andre Iguodala led the 76ers to victory over the Magic. Well, "led" might be a bit strong. Iguodala scored a mere 14 points, although that was two more than any other Sixer.
It's noteworthy enough when 14 points -- an active quarter for Kevin Durant or LeBron James -- tops a winning team's box score. It's even more noteworthy when it's not that noteworthy. With sixth man Lou Williams the Sixers' top scorer at a pedestrian 15.6 points per game through Feb. 28, the team does its work by committee on an almost nightly basis.
To read more of ESPN the Magazine's story on NBA balanced rosters, become an Insider today!
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: March 19, 2012
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Pattern Logo Red T-Shirt