The big zero
This is the year the balanced rosters fight back
ONE MONTH INTO THE SEASON, Andre Iguodala led the 76ers to victory over the Magic. Well, "led" might be a bit strong. Iguodala scored a mere 14 points, although that was two more than any other Sixer.
It's noteworthy enough when 14 points -- an active quarter for Kevin Durant or LeBron James -- tops a winning team's box score. It's even more noteworthy when it's not that noteworthy. With sixth man Lou Williams the Sixers' top scorer at a pedestrian 15.6 points per game through Feb. 28, the team does its work by committee on an almost nightly basis.
To read more of ESPN the Magazine's story on NBA balanced rosters, become an Insider today!
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: March 19, 2012
- Trademark Games Philadelphia 76ers 60'' 3-Shade Billiard Lamp