What else do the Nuggets need?
Denver's depth and team-first mentality help it overcome a lack of star power
So, what do we make of these Denver Nuggets?
It's a question we've tossed around for months now, or at least since Feb. 22, 2010, when the infamous Carmelo Anthony trade was finally consummated. With a third of the 2011-12 season in the books, it seems the public still doesn't have a good grip on the surging squad. Perhaps it's because the Nuggets boast nary a household name. Perhaps it's because they don't play in Los Angeles or New York.
Or perhaps it's because conventional wisdom assumes superstar-less teams aren't supposed to be this good in a superstar league. Just how good are these Denver Nuggets?
To read the rest of how Tom Haberstroh says the Denver Nuggets are winning, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's New York Knicks Slouch Three-Quarter Sleeve V-Neck Royal Top