What else do the Nuggets need?
Denver's depth and team-first mentality help it overcome a lack of star power
- Debby Wong/US PresswireThe Nuggets have been better with Danilo Gallinari instead of Carmelo Anthony.
So, what do we make of these Denver Nuggets?
It's a question we've tossed around for months now, or at least since Feb. 22, 2010, when the infamous Carmelo Anthony trade was finally consummated. With a third of the 2011-12 season in the books, it seems the public still doesn't have a good grip on the surging squad. Perhaps it's because the Nuggets boast nary a household name. Perhaps it's because they don't play in Los Angeles or New York.
Or perhaps it's because conventional wisdom assumes superstar-less teams aren't supposed to be this good in a superstar league. Just how good are these Denver Nuggets?
To read the rest of how Tom Haberstroh says the Denver Nuggets are winning, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Knicks climalite Primary Logo Royal T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index