Could L.A. trade Griffin for Howard?
Here are five (hypothetical) trade scenarios that would make sense for both teams
The March 15 trade deadline is more than six weeks away, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun with trade "projections." We use that word lightly, since these following scenarios are not deals in the works or rumors we've heard. They're just moves we think make sense, moves that could help both teams, moves that GMs can feel free to borrow if they are so inclined. And all of them work financially.
So let's start big, as in big enough to rock the landscape of the entire league. Big enough to put lots of fear in all three early NBA Finals favorites -- the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City Thunder.
1. Los Angeles Clippers trade Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson
Yes, I went there. I hate to break up the Clippers, a team I have predicted will win the Western Conference. But Howard is the greatest big man in the league by a mile, and the chance to pair him with Chris Paul, arguably the league's best pure point guard, is just too good to pass up.
To read more from Chris on why a Griffin-for-Howard trade would work for both teams, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- D'Antoni on Gasol complaints: 'Play harder'
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Detroit Pistons Chosen Royal Shorts