Impact of the Brook Lopez injury
How the Nets will adjust, and why a Dwight Howard trade may now be more likely
The most significant injury of the young NBA season happened during last week's preseason action, when New Jersey Nets center Brook Lopez suffered a non-displaced stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot. After Lopez underwent surgery, the team announced that Lopez would miss six to eight weeks.
While his absence will certainly be costly to the Nets' playoff hopes, it may not derail the team's long-term plans -- and its chances to land Dwight Howard prior to this year's trade deadline.
To read why a Dwight Howard-to-the-Nets trade may be even more likely following Brook Lopez's injury, become an ESPN Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams #8 Game Time White T-Shirt