Better athlete? LeBron vs Wade
Among two All-Star teammates, LeBron outmatches D-Wade ... barely
- Alexander Tamargo/WireImageWhat happens when these two go one-on-one?When it comes to basketball skills, LeBron James knows few equals in most phases of the game. But in terms of pure athleticism, he need only look across the locker room to find another player to measure himself against. Dwyane Wade has proved himself one of the game's most complete athletes excelling in every phase. In terms of pure athletic skill, neither have a true weakness making this our closest matchup yet. But which one of these All-Star teammates is the best athlete? Rated on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the best, here's how I see LeBron and D-Wade matching up.
James and Wade have left lasting scars on defenses and highlight reels with their brand of game-changing hops. Both are versatile leapers generously mixing up their dunk opportunities off of both one and two legs depending on the situation.
But no one in the league can power up off of one leg the way James can. With a full head of steam he can get his head equal with the rim. His tomahawk jams have become the NBA's signature highlight. James is a master improviser around the rim, and combined with his long arms, he gets enough elevation to outleap nearly any attempt to block his shot.
To read more of how Chris Palmer thinks LeBron James is more athletic than his teammate Dwyane Wade, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index