Nuggets, Lakers setting up for failure?
One wrong move could mean a step back for these five teams
- Noah Graham/NBAE/Getty ImagesWould the 76ers be making a huge mistake in trading Andre Igoudala?Already this offseason, ESPN Insider has looked at NBA teams that could make a leap forward next year and those headed downward in the standings. Now, we're considering the issue from a different perspective. What moves might teams make -- or not make -- that could cause them to head one direction or the other? We'll start today by looking at possible scenarios that could spell trouble for five teams, then take the optimistic perspective tomorrow with teams that could make moves to improve.
Denver Nuggets: Losing Nene in free agency
The Nuggets' deep rotation was responsible for their impressive run after they traded Carmelo Anthony, which offers them some protection with three starters and two top reserves headed to free agency. But while Denver might be able to replace players like Kenyon Martin and Wilson Chandler, the same cannot be said of starting center Nene, the team's most indispensable cog.
To read about which teams Kevin Pelton thinks could regress, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- LeBron happy to laud 'good friend' Ilgauskas
- Rodman: No return to North Korea if desired
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index