Jazz will likely match $63M offer
The Hornets are trying to lure RFA Gordon Hayward with a max offer sheet
Updated: July 9, 2014, 2:50 AM ETBy Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider
David Sherman/NBAE via Getty ImagesGordon Hayward would be headed for Jordan's Hornets if the Jazz don't match their offer.After flirting with the Cleveland Cavaliers and being linked to the Phoenix Suns, restricted free agent Gordon Hayward has his max offer sheet. The Charlotte Hornets agreed to terms with the restricted free agent on a four-year, $63 million offer Tuesday night, which the Utah Jazz will have 72 hours to match, once it's signed when free agency officially begins Thursday.
What's next for Hayward, the Jazz and the Hornets? And what can other players learn from Hayward's handsome contract? Let's break it down.
To read more about Gordon Hayward's offer sheet, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Suns president expects PG Bledsoe to return
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NBA FREE AGENCY ON ESPN.COM
FREE AGENCY COVERAGE
- adidas Men's Utah Jazz Gordon Hayward #20 Road Navy Replica Basketball Jersey