Wolves shouldn't trade Love
Minnesota's best option is to keep star for at least one more season
An interesting rumor popped up the other day that had the Sacramento Kings reportedly throwing their hat in the ring for Minnesota's Kevin Love, the subject of still-other rumors that have the All-Star forward on his way out of the Twin Cities. Rumors are unreliable at best, but to make a point, let's pretend these are true. The Sacramento speculation is particularly interesting because the Kings would in effect be willing to take on the quandary facing the Timberwolves: Should the team build up around Love without assurances that he'll be around beyond next season, or should the Timberwolves play it safe and sell high for as much value as they can?
To read Bradford Doolittle's full story on why the Minnesota Timberwolves should not trade Kevin Love, sign up for Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 Game Time Black T-Shirt