Big decision coming for SVG
Former Magic coach takes over Pistons squad with front-line issue looming
With all the scuttlebutt regarding coach and executive openings across the league seemingly focused on the New York Knicks and Golden State Warriors, it was the Detroit Pistons who swooped in and made the biggest organizational splash since the 2013-14 regular season ended.
According to ESPN.com reporter Marc Stein's sources, Detroit owner Tom Gores has enticed Stan Van Gundy to leave the cozy confines of the broadcast booth to take over the Pistons both in the front office and on the bench. The $35 million is plenty of reason in itself for the outspoken Van Gundy to jump back into the fray, but the dual executive-coach offer must have set Detroit apart from other possible SVG suitors such as Golden State.
To read Bradford Doolittle's full story on Stan Van Gundy's hiring in Detroit, sign up for Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers' George: Ready to live up to pressure
- Bosh admits he was 'close' to leaving Heat
- Ginobili has stress fracture, to skip World Cup
- Rose acknowledges tension with Bulls, circle
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Climalite Adiselect White Polo