Applying RPM values to free agents
What does real plus-minus say about some of this summer's possible FAs?
Contrary to popular belief, general managers (even analytically inclined ones like Daryl Morey and Sam Hinkie) aren't judging players solely off who has the higher player efficiency rating. The truth is no front office worth its salt makes any sort of decision based off a single metric. Behind every number, whether it is all-encompassing or specific, is a universe of context. It is up to the user to exercise proper judgment.
To read more about the effect of RPM on free agency, you must be an Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.