Top 10 players by the numbers
Using three main advanced metrics, here are the NBA's best
Gazing at this season's NBA cosmos has created more answers than questions. While it's clear that the stars of Kevin Durant and LeBron James shine the brightest, the order after them is subject to debate. Early in the season, Paul George looked like the league's third-best player. Then LaMarcus Aldridge took his turn. More recently, Blake Griffin seems to have attained that honor, but cases can be made for any number of players.
To help answer the question of who's next after Durant and James and rank the league's best players, let's take a look at this season's numbers, focusing on three measures of player value: my wins above replacement player (WARP), Basketball-Reference.com's win shares and John Hollinger's estimated wins added (EWA).
To read more of who Kevin Pelton says are the NBA's top 10 players by any measure, become and Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bucks' Parker lost for season to torn ACL
- Warriors' streak ends at 16 as Griz too much
- Westbrook, KD fuel OKC's 7th straight victory
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.