Sitting Kobe is good for Lakers
Benching Bryant makes sense -- and should have been the plan all season
While the injury (a tibial fracture in his left knee) is not necessarily directly related to the torn Achilles tendon on the same leg, it is the kind of complication that should have been anticipated when dealing with a 35-year-old guard who has a ton of mileage and one of the reasons I suggested in April why the Lakers should have used the amnesty clause on Bryant.
Still, Lakers fans can derive some utility out of their star guard's absence. Here's how:
To read more about why Amin Elhassan says Kobe Bryant being out for the season is a blessing for the Los Angeles Lakers, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Sources: Agents protesting NBPA head vote
- Sources: Wolves eye PF Young if Love dealt
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Purple Gametime T-Shirt