LeBron James' Top 10 games
After scoring 61, where does that rank among his best performances?
Days after a presentation at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on the "hot hand," four-time Most Valuable Player LeBron James added his contribution to the literature: a career-high 61 points on scorching 22-of-33 shooting in Monday's win over the Charlotte Bobcats.
Let's put James' accomplishment in context by counting down his 10 best performances with the help of John Hollinger's Game Score rating, a simplified single-game version of PER, and Basketball-Reference.com.
10. March 13, 2009: Cleveland at Sacramento (Rating: 43.4)
James scored six of his 51 points in overtime as the Cavaliers defeated the Kings 126-123. He made 16 of 30 shot attempts and 15 free throws, and he came within an assist of a double-double. Anderson Varejao was the only other Cleveland player to score more than 12 points.
To read more about LeBron James' Top 10 games, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers' Nash out for season with back injury
- Magic's Oladipo to have facial fracture surgery
- Toss up: Fans to rule on LeBron's chalk ritual
- Billionaire Allen donates $100M to fight Ebola