Injury impact: Westbrook, Horford
How will the Thunder and Hawks recover without their sidelined All-Stars?
Injuries rocked the NBA world Friday, when two All-Stars were knocked out of their teams' lineups for an extended period of time. Friday afternoon, the Oklahoma City Thunder announced that guard Russell Westbrook went under the knife for a third surgery on his right knee in the past eight months to alleviate swelling. Hours later, the Atlanta Hawks declared center Al Horford out indefinitely after he suffered a complete tear of the pectoral muscle in his right shoulder during Thursday's double-overtime win in Cleveland.
To read the rest of what Kevin Pelton thinks about Westbrook and Horford's injuries, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle