Is Pau Gasol untradable?
Declining performance, poor contract causes limitations on possible deals
Before the news of Kobe Bryant's injured knee sent shockwaves throughout the Los Angeles Lakers organization, the team was rumored to be quietly pursuing a Pau Gasol-centric deal aimed at improving the team's short-term performance and giving them a boost into the playoffs. Despite reports that they had backed away from that position, the news of the Bryant injury might cause them to reconsider.
But trading Gasol is not as simple as picking up the phone and weighing the best offers. There are several, very real obstacles that stand in the way of moving the four-time All-Star.
To read Amin Elhassan's full story on whether Pau Gasol is untradeable. sign up for Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.