What to do with Rajon Rondo?
Celtics must weigh playoff run versus improving draft lottery chances
This wasn't the plan. More than a month into the 2013-14 season, the Boston Celtics find themselves in first place in the Atlantic Division. At 8-12, the Celtics haven't dramatically exceeded expectations, but the inept Atlantic has put their plans of starting their rebuilding process with a lottery pick in some question.
In turn, the chance of a playoff run might affect Boston's plans for point guard Rajon Rondo, who is a possible trade candidate after he returns from his ACL injury. Let's assess the Celtics' options.
To read more of Kevin Pelton's column on Rajon Rondo, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.