What to do with Rajon Rondo?
Celtics must weigh playoff run versus improving draft lottery chances
- AP Photo/Michael DwyerWhen Rajon Rondo, center, returns, what do the Celtics do with him?
This wasn't the plan. More than a month into the 2013-14 season, the Boston Celtics find themselves in first place in the Atlantic Division. At 8-12, the Celtics haven't dramatically exceeded expectations, but the inept Atlantic has put their plans of starting their rebuilding process with a lottery pick in some question.
In turn, the chance of a playoff run might affect Boston's plans for point guard Rajon Rondo, who is a possible trade candidate after he returns from his ACL injury. Let's assess the Celtics' options.
To read more of Kevin Pelton's column on Rajon Rondo, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- D'Antoni, Lakers' brass talk state of team
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index