Ty Lawson embracing star's role
Nuggets PG has become team's go-to guy, but is he an MVP candidate?
That's no longer the case.
Why? Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson decided to make a run at league MVP. He was the catalyst in Denver's recent seven-game winning streak, which was snapped Wednesday night in Cleveland. More importantly, four of those wins were on the road.
It's similar to what we saw last season from Denver, when the Nuggets were one of the top teams in the league, but Lawson had a lot more help. This season, he's been a one-man wrecking crew, imposing his will on games like never before. And it will have to be Lawson who pushes, if not carries, this team to the postseason.
Here's a look at what makes Lawson so effective, how he stacks up against other MVP candidates and some other notes from around the league.
To read the rest of the article about Ty Lawson's elevated game and MVP status, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.