Impact of injuries on projected wins
Losing Rose, Gasol, Iguodala could be the difference in making postseason
Three injuries to All-Stars on Friday night changed the NBA playoff picture, none more so than Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffering a tear of the medial meniscus in his right knee. While Rose avoided the possibility of a ruptured ACL, after he had surgery Monday to repair the meniscus, the Bulls announced he would miss the remainder of the season, virtually knocking the Bulls from playoff contention.
With the help of playoff simulations, let's take a look at the impact of Rose's injury as well as those to Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies and Andre Iguodala of the Golden State Warriors on their teams' projected wins.
To read more of Kevin Pelton's column on the impact of Derrick Rose's injury on projected
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose #1 Red Gametime T-Shirt