Trade fits for Omer Asik
Could Houston reunite Dwight Howard with a former running partner?
By this point, it's a question of when and not if the Houston Rockets will trade disgruntled center Omer Asik. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Saturday that the Rockets realize their relationship with Asik is "beyond repair" after he requested a trade last week in the wake of being removed from the starting lineup. And there is some urgency because Asik's value diminishes by the day, because the team dealing for him gets less mileage from his bargain $5.25 million salary this season before it escalates to nearly $15 million in cost next year. So what could Houston get for Asik?
Because the teams that want the Turkish center aren't the same ones with the pieces the Rockets covet, it might take a couple of deals, but ultimately their goal is surely to find a versatile power forward to fit next to Dwight Howard in their starting lineup. Let's take a look at some of the best options available and the pros and cons in acquiring them.
To read more of Kevin Pelton's trade fits for Omer Asik, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.